We know from experience that women battling poor mental health often do so in silence.
Women often feel stigmatized when they experience a mental health issue. Seeking help is frequently avoided for fear of the stigma and judgment of being “not normal.” Besides, women are supposed to be strong, right? Many also feel the root causes of poor mental health, like abuse, menopause, and infertility may mean confronting painful experiences. But if facing those issues leads to a healthier, happier life, why wouldn’t you get help?
We developed a website focusing on women, with the sole purpose of being a comprehensive resource for women to gain knowledge about mental health issues they commonly face and learn about the support and care available to them.
you may be reading this and feeling like:
- you are the only one feeling the way you do
- you have no reason to feel depressed, anxious, or unreasonably angry
- you are becoming more and more untethered and unable to control your thoughts and emotions
- you are feeling alone, isolated, and afraid to say to anyone how you are feeling
- no one can ever know how your past is influencing your state of mind today
If so, a focus on women is for you.
Mental health issues are real. Keeping the door closed to getting help can only make things worse for yourself and those closest to you.
The information and resources available at a focus on women are designed to help you learn more about mental health issues and why you may be experiencing them.
I hope you find this resource useful, and please share it with your friends and loved ones who may be suffering.